If you want a really delicious sauce for burgers, fry the burgers with Jack Daniels Barbecue sauce (or straight Jack Daniels), Peter Luger's Steak Sauce (or your favorite steak sauce) and apple juice. Mix these together in the frying pan with the burgers until the sauce caramelizies. The flavors will infuse into the burgers. After the burgers are a nice brown, cooked color, put them on your buns, and serve with your choice of condiments. You can use the sauce as a condiment for your burgers. Works well with mayo for mayo lovers
**Credits to one of my best friends, Ashley Jack
Friday, June 18, 2010
Alright let's get started!
- 8 eggs separated at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 2 cup of all purpose flower
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 3 teaspoon double acting baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until peaks form, as if you were making meringue. Add in 1/2 a cup of sugar, a little bit at a time.
- heat oven to 325. grease and flour two 9'' circular pans.
- while the egg whites are beating, mix yolks, flour, water, oil, baking powder, vanilla and 1 cup of sugar.
- pour in the egg white mixture into the flour mixture. blend well
- pour into the pans, and bake for an hour, or until the top of the cake springs back when lightly touched with a finger.
- while cakes are cooking, clean the kitchen!
Father's Day SpecialHey,
So my dad's favorite dessert is Strawberry Shortcake, which I probably mentioned before. I decided that I would mix two different recipes to get the full flavors I wanted. My plan is to make the strawberry shortcake and whip cream today, put and put it in the fridge. Then tomorrow, I'm going to take the strawberries and make it into a strawberry compote for the cake. This is a little bit of a daunting task since my dad is a baker, and I want this to be perfect!