Smiling Chef :)

Smiling Chef :)

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fried Rice

I love chinese food and one day I tried my hand at making some!





  • 2 cups of rice

  • 1 cup of water

  • a package of mushrooms

  • 5 strips of bacon

  • 3 eggs

  • green pepper, onion for flavoring

  • soy sauce

Preparing the rice

1. cook the rice as you normally would. Always remember the ratio: 2 cups of rice to 1 cup of water. Put the cup of water into pot on the stove, add some onions and a dash of salt. Wait until this boils

2. I'm not sure if everyone does this but I always wash my rice first. Put the 2 cups of rice in a bowl and wash with lukewarm water. Do this until the water becomes clear and not cloudy

3. Put the rice in the boiling pot and place a lid. Don't completely cover the pot because the water will bubble over.

4. When the water is almost out of the pot, turn the stove down to a simmer until it's nice and fluffy. Always stirr with a fork to separate the grains

No comments:

Post a Comment